12.31.2012

Highs of 2012

Stills of twenty twelve!:

January: Celebrated the beginning of 2012 in San Francisco; Completed The Green Yogi's annual Yoga Challenge. 



February: Visited my sister in Louisiana and survived my first Mardi Gras experience in New Orleans.




March: Hosted a fundraiser to help send me to Tanzania. Thanks to family and friends, I was able to raise enough money to cover my airfare and program fee. So thankful!




April: Coachella Music Festival with the best of friends.  


May-July: Spent two beautiful months living and teaching in a Maasai village in the mountains of Tanzania, Africa with some of the most hardworking and gracious people I've ever met (this experience opened my eyes and empowered me to live a more simple and less superficial life); Turned 25 Maasai-style; Safari at Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater; Danced and played in the Indian Ocean; Saw the sun rise over the Indian Ocean and set over the Indian Ocean in the same day (perks of tiny Zanzibar).







August: Got hired as a fourth grade teacher at Henry F. Kammann Elementary and moved to Santa Cruz! 




November: Survived Trimester 1; Cassidy visits for Thanksgiving :)



Goodbye 2012! Hello 2013:

kiss slowly, 
laugh insanely, 
love truly
and...
forgive quickly

-paulo coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment