4.11.2012

weekend wonderments [8]: friends visit

This past weekend was one for the outdoor lovers, sun soakers, and adventure enthusiasts! I spent Friday frolicking around Malibu with my good friend Sarah. After stopping by her friend Shannon's Bubululu trunk show, we grabbed lunch at earthy California cuisine restaurant, Plate. After Plate we made our way over to Sun Life Organics where we both took a kick ass wellness shot before heading back to her dad's studio to watch the movie Rebound (cute but predictable romanic comedy starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha). I've never really spent more than a couple hours in Malibu before, but I can honestly say I really enjoyed it! It's more laid back then I imagined it to be and I can't wait to go back!


Malibu late night driving.


Grilled tofu + veggies sammy and seared ahi tuna wrap with plantains. 


Malibu sunsets. 


Pacifico (gluten free btw!) + How I Met Your Mom = Great Combo


Massive crystals at Sun Life Organics


Simply the best. 

Friday night I headed back down the coast to meet up with a few friends for dinner and drinks at new Hermosa Beach hot spot Abigaile Restaurant. Abigaile is a rad new restaurant located right off Pier Avenue where Union Cattle used to be. What's cool about Abigaile is it pays homage to the building's previous life as an artists co-op and rehearsal space known as The Church for seminal punk bands Black Flag and Redd Kross. Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise and a crew of tattoo artists from 3rd St. Tattoo were given carte blanche to graffiti the walls of Abigaile. To eat, make a reservation by calling 310.798.8227.  



Mary Zen cocktail: green tea infused Kettle One, pear liquor, agave nectar, lime juice.


Blair and Chris. HA HA. 


 Saturday, my friends from San Diego and I cruised on bikes down to the Spyder Surf Fest to watch my friend Tony Gonella of Sand Section play bass with musicians Kevin Sousa and Mike Sutherland. The weather was beautiful - not a cloud in the sky! After a couple hours people watching and sun basking on the back patio at Poop Deck, we headed back to Manhattan Beach for sushi dinner at Katsu. Two hours later, it was time for me to call it a night! Best part of the night? Hailing a cab that just happened to be decked out with Easter decorations! Best cab ride everrrrr!


Tony Gonella playing bass on the right at Spyder Surf Fest presented by Rock Star.


Funny human at Poop Deck: rat tail, funky hat, personal pitcher, massive calves, and army boots all while creeping on girls through the tinted windows. 


Blair's belly basking at Poop Deck.


Easter decorated cab! Hilarious!




Butters.


Easter dinner at The Spot with my pops :)


Easter Sunday was pretty mellow. I napped, worked out, then grabbed dinner at the World Famous Spot Restaurant in Hermosa Beach with my pops :)

Happy, active weekend I'd say!



No comments:

Post a Comment