2.27.2012

mardi gras photo diary 2

Stills from my crazy Mardi Gras adventure!:


St. Louis Cathedral on Jackson Square seemed eerily quiet and desolate in the midst of Mardi Gras celebrations. But I bet it'll be hopping' with people wanting to repent come Ash Wednesday!  




l to r: Baccus parade route; me, my sister Lauren (red jacket), and her college soccer teammates before crossing the Mississippi River to the French Quarter; a house in Algiers decked out in Mardi Gras decorations; Will Ferrell (Bacchus chief of parade). 


Purple pelo. My sister dyed a stripe of purple in my hair while I was visiting. I've never put color like this in my hair before, but I love it!


This 5 car train float was my favorite float out of all the parades I watched. So beautiful!


Cindy Lauper was a celebrity guest for Orpheus parade, as was Hilary Swank, Brett Michaels, and Harry Connick Jr. 


Waiting for Rex parade on Fat Tuesday. 


Bubbles on Bourbon.


On actual Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, my sister and I watched the Krewe of Rex parade. This parade has been around since 1872, making it the city's most celebrated parade on Mardi Gras day! These pictures were taken in the French Quarter on Royal Street, one street over from Bourbon. In the French Quarter, people are known for dressing up all wild on Fat Tuesday. If you don't believe me, check out what the individuals in the pictures below are wearing...or not wearing ;) 


People love to flaunt whatever they got on Fat Tuesday! 







Mardi Gras Photo Diary 3 coming soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment