9.29.2011

desert pleasure


 [allison and i]
 [isabella, lauren, allison, and i]



[t-rex!!] 

This past weekend I drove out to Palm Springs to celebrate my good friend Allison Harden's birthday. We didn't really do much besides lay the by pool and eat which I had absolutely no objection to. I'm a full believer that sometimes not doing anything is the best thing to do for yourself. During the day we laid by the pool, drank gray goose with grapefruit juice cocktails (fit for a birthday girl!), got in the pool to cool ourselves off because it was a whopping 98 degrees, and reminisced about what's been going on in our lives.

Saturday night we had dinner at her parents family friends house just a short drive from the house. We played Corn Hole and Allison and I kicked ass (shocker), drank yummy cabernet sauvignon, and ate an amazing dinner. Allison's parents were so kind as to prepare vegan friendly options for me as well. They are the best! After dinner and cake, we drove back to the house and watched Brides Maids which was hilarious and darn right icky at times (i.e., food poisoning scene for those of us who have seen it).

On our way back to the real world, I persisted that we stop at the Dinosaur Museum so I could get a picture with the T-Rex. I don't know why I'm so infatuated with these guys, but I got my picture and am therefore a happy girl.

Thanks Allison for a relaxing and fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment