9.27.2011

igottahaircut





After my mom told me last night that my hair "looks like straw," I decided this morning to go get some maintenance work done on the good ol' long locks. Summer is technically over and according to my mom the "fresh-out-of-the-salty-ocean-dry-as-straw" look aint vibing with me as well as it was a month ago. After a sweaty yet awesome power vinyasa yoga class with the amazing Heather Archer at The Green Yogi followed by 10 stints up sand dune, I sat my rock hard toosh butt down for some r & r, a shampoo, cut, and blowout at Cielo: A Boutique Salon. It's been over a year since I got my dreads chopped (I guess I'm lazy when it comes to self maintenance) and I'm pleased to say that I love the results! She kept the length, which I told her was a must, added some layers in the back and taper in the front.  I walked out of there with a bottle of Morroccan Oil and Kevin Murphy angel wash shampoo and body builder volumising mousse. 

How long has it been since you got yer hair did? What salon do you go to?

2 comments:

  1. Last month at Hush. But i kept the salty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to tell you softly huh? I love your just-out-of-the-ocean locks! Been too long since I last cut my hair...need to desperately. Recently bought a living social deal to Lush Sculpting Lounge and looking forward to checking it out since I can't afford Hush. :)

    ReplyDelete