10.21.2011

BOO! grams

What in the world is a BOO! gram? A BOO! gram is an annual tradition and friendly way to celebrate the Halloween holiday by doorbell-ditching and leaving a sweet treat for your friends!

What do you include in a BOO! gram? In our BOO! gram, we included 4 things: 1) A boo bag full of Halloween themed goodies (The boys and I filled 3 baggies with glow in the dark bracelets, a skull egg filled with skittles, Starburst and Hersey's chocolate candies, and fruit snacks...my way to include a touch of health haha), 2) The actual BOO! gram which is usually a picture of a ghost that says "Boo! We Got You!" It could look something like this or this, 3) A Halloween poem, and 4) Instructions for BOO! gramming other people. Below is a picture of our final BOO! gram.

[boo bag of goodies, boo gram with halloween poem and instructions (behind)]
How does it work? We'll there are a few steps involved in BOO! gram making. First, create your boo bag of goodies (something like this), BOO! gram picture, Halloween poem, and instructions. Next, assemble the BOO! gram. Once assembled, its time to pick a few unsuspecting friends to BOO. The boys chose to boo a few of their closest friends. Finally, make the drop, ring the doorbell, and RUN FOR IT!!



[making the drop]
[running for it!!]
Funny story on our bag drop excursion: The boys and I were dropping off the last bag at their friend Ryan's house. As Christian was running up the path to Ryan's house, Ryan's mom comes running out of the house telling Christian not to BOO! them because they had already been boo'ed twice. I politely shouted "Who cares? It's all fun and games!" She wasn't having any of it, so instead of pushing it further (even though I really wanted to) I lassoed Christian back into the car, bummed and confused. On my toes, I had to quickly come up with a game plan for the last bag. I suggested that we BOO! one of my best friends. Christian loved the idea and before we knew it, we were back in the game and Christian was on the edge of his seat anxiously waiting to make the last drop at one of MY friends houses. We were successful. Alex texted me a shortly after with a simple "BOO!" I showed Christian the text and with a smile from ear to ear he said, "We got her!" Ahh, the simple joy of boyhood pranks :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea Shelz! I did something similar to this a couple years ago with Tenn...I think we'll make Boo grams this week. Thanks for the reminder. Oh, and that mom who ran out and told you not to BOO them--LAME!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet Shelby. Way to think on your toes. I was the get away car for a friend's 8 year old boy...so fun!

    ReplyDelete