10.30.2011

halloweenie 2011




[shane as the white swan and me as the black swan]

[hoover as wildred and sarah as an indian]

this year I decided to dress up as Black Swan for Halloween! to complete the look, i needed to find someone to be my alter ego, the white swan. luckily, one of my best guy friends jumped on being the White Swan and called dibs less than one minute after making a request on Facebook. gotta love Shane Gallas. 

before hitting the dance floor ballerina style friday night, we needed to make and put together our costumes. shane wore white tights, a white tutu, a SUPER deep white v-neck shirt from american apparel. and a feather head piece i made for him (basically icing on top of the swan cake)! i wore pink tights, ballet shoes, a black leotard and tutu, a crown i spray painted black, and a black bra over the tutu i covered with feathers using a hot glue gun. to finish the look, i used water proof eye liner and gold eyeliner for my black swan eye decals. 

...and voila! the swans are born!

other stand-outs i saw friday night night: Hoover as Wildred from the FX show "Wildred, a guy dressed up as a mammogram (wish I had a picture), a group of my guy friends dressed up as robots (full on robot suits), Mike Masenga as a Ghost Buster, and plethora of zombie brides. 

on actual Halloween I'm planning on keeping it mellow by playing board games at Alex Curry's house and passing out candy. Happy Halloween ya'll! What are you dressing up as? Are their aspects of your costume you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment