10.03.2011

weekend wonderments [1]: all's fair

[post race refreshment at the beer garden, danny post penguin slide across the table (hence why the table is tipped over0, galaxy game, chevron friendship bracelet, silly finger doodle, hoover and I in the garden, me at the mb pier after crossing the finish line, geneva and I making silly faces, lovebirds danny and mike, beer cup tower, my cousin carly's new and nameless golden doodle]
Friday: Unfortunately the icky weather kept the kids I nanny for and I inside all day; and I mean ALL day. I'm with them (Geneva: 2, Nicky: 5, and Christian: 7) from 11 to 8 Monday through Friday. After what seemed like hours of Pokemon battling, playing dress-up, and weaving chevron friendship bracelets, I was let off early in order to get some rest before Saturday's race.

Saturday: Woke up long before the sun with butterflies in my stomach, a regularity before every race I run. After coercing myself to eat a cliff bar and banana (I'm usually still asleep and therefore not hungry at 6am)  I met up with friends Alex Curry and Jeff Nisen at the start line. The race was a blast! It's really fun to run a race in your hometown because you get to run with some many people you know! Call me crazy, but in preparation for the Nike Women's Half Marathon I'm running in San Francisco in 2 weeks, I decided to run 4 more miles after crossing the finish line. Post run I reconnected with friends in the beer garden! What better way to refuel a tired body than going to a fair's beer garden? Yep. Definitely not the best for you post race, but it feels real good at the time ;) After the garden, I joined my Aunt Heidi, Uncle Bruce, and cousin for the Galaxy vs. Real Salt Lake game at the Home Depot Center. They scored a 2-1 win while I scored an autograph and sensual hand caress by Donavan Ricketts, one of Galaxy's most valuable players (he's the best goalie in the league for crying out loud) and, in my eyes, overall human to look at (i.e, he's VERY easy on the eyes!) 

Sunday: Played in my soccer game against "the team with the girl with the nipple piercings." Oddly and unfortunately, I personally know she has nipple rings because two seasons ago after tackling her on the field she yelled, "shit, you almost ripped out my nipple rings!" Whoops. Maybe you shouldn't wear metal in your boobs during a high contact game. Anyways, we won 2-1! Later that night, I treated my sore body to a restorative yin relaxation yoga class at The Green Yogi with Matt Rothert. It was a lovely way to end an eventful and physically challenging weekend! Hopefully my "activeness" and energy will carry well into the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment