10.10.2011

flea market finds



[our flea market booty]




[all photos for one life in stills]

From yesterday's adventure through the Rose Bowl Flea Market. It was my first time and and I was amazed to learn that this particular flea market is one of the most famous markets in the world because it features over 2,500 vendors and 15,000 to 20,000 buyers a month. Holy toledo! I'm a goer for life!

After 4 hours of walking through row after row of one-of-a-kind vintage and antique pieces, Lidia and I called it a day. We walked out of there not only with some really unique pieces, but with money still in our pockets! Lidia scored a rustic metal-framed mirror she's going to put up in her new apartment, a blue leather-weaved bracelet to pair with a bracelet she already owns, and a gold whale tchotchke (she forgot to barter for this one!) I left with a pair of vintage levi jean shorts, a few candle stick holders (I'm going to start collecting these to place on my fireplace mantle!), a gold, silver, and brass cuff, and a few rusted metal pails that I'm going to plant succulents in. 

Can't wait to revisit this ginormous (that's gigantic + enormous for those of you who don't combine words) market to look for larger pieces to furnish my own place with. 

[fresh spring rolls from redwhite+bluezz]


["full bodied blondes" (I'm anything but) wine flight. the rose was my favorite]



[heaven in a cupcake, vegan style baby!]

Lidia and I then had lunch at Green Earth, a vegan cuisine restaurant in the heart of Old Town Pasadena. The food was absolutely delish! We ordered fresh spring rolls with mint (a spring roll staple); Lidia got the portobello mushroom burger and I got the mushroom panini sandwich for lunch. I guess you could say we were feeling the fungus! After lunch we walked to redwhite+bluezz, a swanky wine bar and restaurant just around the corner from Green Earth, for chilled wine and good vibes. We even got a round of sangria on the house by making friends with the bartender! On the way home Lidia and I stopped by Baby Cakes, a vegan bakery in downtown LA famous for their exceptional vegan cupcakes. What a day, what a day! I can definitely say my Sunday was a Funday! 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, when I am home next, you are totally going to have to take me to this place! it looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete