1.24.2012

documentary fat, sick, and nearly dead + juice FEASTing



Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is an INSPIRING documentary following two men whose bodies have been trashed by steroids, obesity and illness. This film chronicles the rigorous healing path - including a two-month diet of fruits and vegetables - that both attempt in a bid to rescue their health. Their results of their juice feast are nothing short of amazing.

I came across this documentary as I was researching the health benefits of juice fasts, or what I like to call "juice feasts." I say juice FEAST because one gets all the calories one would normally get in a day from at least 1 gallon of fresh juice. Often when people fast they take in very small amounts of liquid/calories, the metabolism slows, their energy slumps, and they may feel quite ‘dysfunctional’. Juice Feasting works differently, supporting the feaster to be very functional in daily life and meeting all calorie needs, while experiencing massive cleansing on a cellular level (source).

I've heard from multiple people how extraordinary and full of energy they feel during and after juice feasts, but I've never really been serious about trying it myself because a) I don't own a juicer and b) I guess I've always thought I was getting enough nutrients through plant-based diet. But, its 2012 and I'm sticking to my resolution of trying new things that support a balanced and creative life! 

After watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead I am way intrigued and motivated to try a juice feast for 10 days in order to detoxify and cleanse my system. What I like about the juice fast is that it is designed to assist the body in detoxing through a simple and easy process that allows you to go on with your everyday life. I view myself as a healthy individual but I'm going to be even MORE healthy by juicing for 10 days straight!

*This particular feast is a good proving point to a lot of people that you can make very radical lifestyle changes without having to have surgery, medicine, or a quick fix. The results of a juice fast is going to be longer lasting because you completely change how you eat and everything about the way you live your life.

That's something to take to the bank!

This documentary is streaming live on Netflix. Check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment