1.18.2012

honest true

[images via pinterest; collage for one life in stills]

The start to this week has been challenging for me. Monday and Tuesday I spent most of my day in my head trying to wrap my brain around a specific mishap that occurred during the weekend. A visiting friend I truly care about and have deep love for did me wrong by being untruthful and not voicing her intentions for the weekend. This left me kind of questioning whether this friendship is worth it to me or not. I'm unfortunately leaning towards the latter because I'm finding that her actions are speaking louder than her words (which are nonexistent) and that saddens me. 

At this point, I think I've done all that I think I can do to try and save whatever respect and love I have for this person and our friendship. I've tried to reach out (even after people tell me I shouldn't) but I feel like I'm dealing with someone who doesn't even want to try to meet me halfway in order to fix things.

What do I do now? Maybe it's time to let go of what's no longer serving me, move on, and surround myself with positive people I know are currently in my life and who make me happy, are supportive, and loyal. 

Here's to people who actually give a damn! :)



1 comment:

  1. I give a damn!!! I love you sissy! Like your sign says, "keep your chin up!" xo

    ReplyDelete