1.04.2012

healing places + the peace of wild things

Found this on pinterest the other day and I completely agree with what it describes. We definitely heal from the inside in certain outside places. I personally agree that each of those outside places has healing powers and something different to offer us on our journey to feeling good :) So do your inside a favor and get outside now!



The Peace of Wild Things
by Wendell Berry

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and 
the great heron feeds. 
I come into the peace of wild things 
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water. 
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. 
For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and
am free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment