11.28.2011

mishe mokwa trail to tri-peaks and sandstone peak

[Neptune's Net- a favorite spot for the area's biker gangs]



[with my friend Evan on the top of Tri-Peaks! it doesn't look like it, but it actually drops off right behind us]



[looking North towards The Channel Islands and Camarillo]



[looking South towards Palos Verdes and Catalina Island]

[sun has set and we still had to hike about 1/2 a mile to the car!]

To enjoy the lovely weather to the fullest this weekend and work off my Thanksgiving gluttony, my friend Evan and I drove to County Line yesterday to take on the Mishe Mokwa Trail to Tri-Peaks and Sandstone Peak, a 3 hour hike high in the Santa Monica Mountains. After hiking the 7.16 loop and taking in and preserving in my mind the beautiful views of Catalina Island and the Channel Islands (thanks to it being a clear day!) I can honestly say this is my new favorite hike in Los Angeles! 

Do it!:
From the PCH (northbound), take Yerba Buena Road (right near the border of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties) past the Circle X Ranch. A dirt parking lot is on your left after rounding a bend.


No comments:

Post a Comment