11.21.2011

weekend wonderments [4]: venice beach and rainy days

Stills of my weekend:


Friday night I went to Hot's Kitchen in Hermosa with my girl friend, Suzie. Took this picture of her boyfriend, Sean.  Contrary to everything this image exudes, he's a nice guy and we're friends. Promise haha.



After my chiropractic appointment Saturday morning I walked to get a cool shot of the Christmas tree lined pier. I love that the city does this now along with stringing lights on the pier. Its a purdy new tradition!


Self-portrait silliness using IncrediBooth app.



Saturday afternoon, my friend Sarah and I adventured up to Venice to do some hardcore window shopping (money's tight in our wallets these days) and enjoy a raw/vegan meal at Planet Raw in Santa Monica. While walking down Abbot Kinney we stumbled upon this rad vintage store that housed floor to ceiling vintage cake stands, literally floor to ceiling. I love everything about them- shape, color, size- until looking at the price tag. These suckers go for a whopping $150 at the least! Wowzers! Displaying my cakes will have to wait.

[moon phase calendar]



[cute slogan :)]

[Eric's first Mo-Pho-Jito from MB Post!]

[Tom Hudson's from Strand House in Manhattan Beach]

Saturday night, Sarah and I mustered the strength to go out for cocktails and appetizers. Not surprisingly, one cocktail turned into 3. That's how we roll I guess. Our friend Eric had his first Mo-Pho-Jito- see this post for a more detailed description of my relationship with the Mo-Pho-Jito! Eric then took us to The Strand House, a reallllly swanky full of cougars and silver foxes kind of place, to get a cocktail. We got and loved their signature Tom Hudson cocktail which consists of gin, coconut water, palm sugar, lime juice, and aromatic bitters. It was THE BOMB! I loved how they garnished the drink with a soft coconut meat.

[Oh hey there, surfer boy!]

[Spring rolls and a chocolate shake  from Planet Raw- my absolute favorite raw/vegan restaurant on the westside]

[Sarah and I photo-boothing it...duhhhh!]

Sunday was rainy and friggin' cold! Slept in and cured a slight hangover by watching a couple Christmas movies on Lifetime and having lunch from The Spot with my friend Evan. I heart rainy days.  



No comments:

Post a Comment