11.04.2011

ombre and tie dye inspiration

before doing my first crafternoon craft therapy session (post on this coming soon) using ombre and tie dye techniques, I needed some inspiration. I logged into my pinterest account and did two separate searches: 'ombre' and 'tie dye.'

below are the images I found under 'ombre'...


how totally gorgeous is that lightly ombre'd cream dress in the bottom right corner? i love the subtleness. me wanty it NOW!


i love the faded, dip-dyed look ombre exudes! its funky and different and adds a pop of color to otherwise ordinary objects and accessories. love the salmon color ombre job on those curtains!

and here are the images i found under 'tie dye''...


how playful and appetizing do those cupcakes look all jazzed up and tie-dyed?! i also love the batik-styled indigo tie-dye design in the bottom left corner. that takes some serious skill.


pillows, socks, hair, clothes, sharpie tie-dyed paper OH MY! super-duper, fantastical works of tie dye, no?!  these pictures make me want to tie-dye everything within reach. my cat better watch her back... 


i wish i lived in the 70s just so i could have experienced that groovy, flowers-in-your-hair, tie-dye explosion, all about love and feel good decade. then i could have worn tie-dye everyday and not get crazy looks from people! 

[all images via pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment