11.16.2011

this and that

[photo for one life in stills]

Festive nail fun! 
                 Do it: 1. paint two coats of O.P.I's "keys to my karma" 
                            2. lightly sprinkle Martha Stewart's fine glitter in "red corundum" (buy at Michael's
                            3.  add a top coat. 
                                                     Ta da! Fun, sparkly nails for the holidays! 



Everyday we walk home from school, picking flowers on the way.  


Bella the invincible perched on my bed. I love the composition of this photograph and the different colors, patterns, and textures of the pillows contrasted with her. 


My breakfast today- Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Hot Cereal with pure canadian maple syrup, cinnamon, and a splash of rice milk. Mmmmmm!


Brick pavers arranged in a chevron pattern I came across today. 


Burt's Bees hand repair creme is the jam! I apply a pea size amount to my hands at night and in the morning they feel super soft and...repaired. 


My heart swelled up when I received this invitation! I LOVE kids net los angeles and feel so blessed to be apart of something so great! Last year I made my vegan chocolate peanut butter cups (which were a hit!) so this year I've got to top it! Hmmm what shall I make? Any ideas?



Who woulda thought measuring spoons could be so sweet?! "A heap of love," "A spoonful of affection," A dash of tenderness," and "A pinch of joy." Love this.

[photo via oh she glows]

It's exactly one week until Thanksgiving! It's my first Thanksgiving as a vegan and I'm very anxious yet excited to get in the kitchen and start whipping up vegan Thanksgiving-esque yummies! I'm debating weather or not I should buy one of those Tofurky turkeys you see at Whole Foods or just stick to making amazing side dishes like "creamed" garlic mashed potatoes, vegan gravy, broccoli with shitake mushrooms, sweet potato casserole, and a vegan pumpkin pie. I've been doing some research and I found what looks like a delicious pumpkin pie recipe that involves brownies and a gooey pecan topping. You know me...I love pumpkin, chocolate, and gooey things (in desserts people!) So I think I'm going to try to make Angela Liddon's  brownie pumpkin pie with a crunchy pecan topping recipe; found here on her blog, Oh She Glows. Wish me luck! 



New book I can't wait to dive into!

[gunpowder green tea from the tea exchange, superfood seed bar in dark chocolate peanut butter,
and information about subluxation I received from my chiropractor rob bates]
My morning routine usually involves a big cup of tea, elemental seed bar (when I'm lucky enough and the tea exchange has them in stock), and something to read (in this case, it's information regarding the health of my back...more to come about this in another post...)


No comments:

Post a Comment